EIU Engine Information Unit
The engine information unit (EIU) is a remotely mounted unit that gathers real-time engine data mainly for turboprop and jet engine powered aircraft from various engine and airframe mounted sensors.
The digital information gathered is normally communicated to 3rd party display(s) and/or our own display(s) for presentation to the pilot as engine, fuel, electrical and other measurement gauges and annunciation lights.
- Measures up to 4 fuel tank levels, 3 temperatures, 3 pressures, 1 flow-sensor, 1 voltage, 1 current shunt and 8 discrete inputs.
- Provides separate and independent power to each sensor requiring external excitation, which means you don't loose multiple sensor measurements should one sensor power wire be shorted.
- Can keep track of fuel used, fuel remaining and more by totalization of the flow-sensor.
- Provides data for Aerosonic EFIS, Vertical Power VP-200 and/or other 3rd party equipment.
- Seemlessly integrates with either our VRX or VR3 "multi-function display" type systems.